If I was 25 again I would… …buy less stuff and pursue more experiences

All / 05.07.2018

If I was 25 again I would…buy less stuff and pursue more experiences

We all need to buy things, particularly in our 20s when setting ourselves up for life outside the family home. But the buzz that comes with buying stuff is often short-lived. Clothes go out of fashion.

New cars quickly become old cars. The latest electronic gadgets soon lose their appeal.

On the other hand, the warm glow of fondly remembered experiences can stay with us for a lifetime. That sunset in Santorini, the noise and excitement of the Grand Prix, or the magic of drifting silently in a hot air balloon over an iconic city. And experiences needn’t have a high price tag. How about being the first to catch a sunrise from a local peak or volunteering with a charity food van?


There are thousands of ways to create the memories that will sustain us every bit as much as our future savings and physical possessions will.

For more information or to speak to one of our Financial Advisers – please contact TNR Wealth Management on 02 6621 8544.

Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. The information and any advice in this publication does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and so you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before acting on it. This article may contain material provided directly by third parties and is given in good faith and has been derived from sources believed to be reliable but has not been independently verified. It is important that your personal circumstances are taken into account before making any financial decision and we recommend you seek detailed and specific advice from a suitably qualified adviser before acting on any information or advice in this publication. Any taxation position described in this publication is general and should only be used as a guide. It does not constitute tax advice and is based on current laws and our interpretation. You should consult a registered tax agent for specific tax advice on your circumstances